Wisconsin Teacher Reciprocity Agreements

There are various avenues for out-of-state applicants to earn teaching certification in the state of Wisconsin. The type of certification will vary depending on whether or not you have teaching experience as a licensed teacher in another state, what type of education you have received and whether your licensing examinations are similar to the required examinations in Wisconsin. For more information on the process and specifics of earning your teaching certification in Wisconsin through reciprocity, explore the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website, or call (608) 266-1027.

The following are member states of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement who have signed reciprocity agreements with Wisconsin.

AlabamaLouisianaNorth DakotaWashington
ArizonaMaineOhioWest Virginia
DelawareMontanaSouth Carolina
FloridaNebraskaSouth Dakota
HawaiiNew HampshireTexas
IdahoNew MexicoUtah
IllinoisNew YorkVermont
KansasNorth CarolinaVirginia