Indiana Teacher Reciprocity Agreements

The state of Indiana offers teachers from out-of-state the ability to apply for a Reciprocal Permit. In order to qualify for a Reciprocal Permit, you must have completed an approved teacher education program in another state and/or hold a valid state-issued teaching certification from another state. In order to learn more about the certification process for out-of-state candidates, explore the Indiana Department of Education website, or call (317) 232-9010.

The following are member states of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement who have signed reciprocity agreements with Indiana.

AlabamaKansasNew HampshireSouth Dakota
ArizonaKentuckyNew JerseyTennessee
ArkansasLouisianaNew MexicoTexas
CaliforniaMaineNew YorkUtah
ColoradoMarylandNorth CarolinaVermont
ConnecticutMassachusettsNorth DakotaVirginia
FloridaMississippiOklahomaWest Virginia
IdahoNebraskaRhode Island
IllinoisNevadaSouth Carolina