Pennsylvania Teacher Reciprocity Agreements
Through the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement, Pennsylvania allows individuals who have completed a teacher preparation program, or who have already become teachers in other states, to be awarded Pennsylvania teaching certification through reciprocity. Requirements of candidates through reciprocity are the following:
- Been awarded a baccalaureate degree.
- Completed a state-approved teacher education program, including a supervised student teaching experience, leading to a comparable or broader certificate in the member state.
- Received the recommendation from the certification officer at the college or university on an application form designated by this Bureau.
- Complied with all ancillary requirements, including Pennsylvania tests and 3.0 GPA. Six credits in math and six credits in English are also required for full certification.
- Met all Pennsylvania requirements related to citizenship as well as moral, ethical and physical/mental fitness.
For more information about the process of earning teaching certification through reciprocity, explore the Pennsylvania Department of Education website, or call 717-728-3224.
The following are member states of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement who have signed reciprocity agreements with Pennsylvania.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
<!- /mfunc feat_school ->