Ohio Teacher Reciprocity Agreements

The state of Ohio will accept out-of-state applicants who either hold a valid teaching certification or have completed an accredited teacher preparation program outside the state of Ohio. You will need to provide proof of a valid teacher certification from your state and proof of experience, or proof of the completion of your teacher preparation program. To learn more, explore the Ohio Department of Education website, or call (614) 466-3593.

The following are member states of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement who have signed reciprocity agreements with Ohio.

Alabama Indiana Nevada South Dakota
Arizona Kansas New Hampshire Tennessee
Arkansas KentuckyNew Jersey Texas
California Louisiana New Mexico Utah
Colorado Maine New York Vermont
Connecticut Maryland North Carolina Virginia
Delaware Massachusetts North DakotaWashington
Florida Michigan Oklahoma West Virginia
GeorgiaMississippi Oregon Wisconsin
Hawaii Missouri Pennsylvania Wyoming
Idaho Montana Rhode Island 
Illinois Nebraska South Carolina