Iowa Teacher Reciprocity Agreements

The state of Iowa offers various levels of certification to out-of-state condidates depending on how much experience and education the candidate has received so far. Learn more about the process of applying for a teaching certification as an out-of-state educator, or individual who has completed a teacher education program out-of-state, by exploring the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners website, or call (515) 281-3245.

The following are member states of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement who have signed reciprocity agreements with Iowa.

AlabamaLouisianaNorth CarolinaWashington
ArizonaMaineNorth DakotaWest Virginia
FloridaNebraskaSouth Carolina
GeorgiaNevadaSouth Dakota
HawaiiNew HampshireTennessee
IdahoNew JerseyTexas
IllinoisNew MexicoUtah
KansasNew YorkVirginia